Monday, May 14, 2012

Girls Day

This is a picture of my amazing mom and my three three favorite sisters (I guess my dad is on the left and Joe is on the right but you get the point), when I think of mothers day I think of these people. Growing up mothers day was awesome, each year my father would buy all of us flowers and then there would be chocolate covered strawberries, raspberries and the occasional chocolate covered grapes in the fridge. Mothers day wasn't just about mothers it was about celebrating being a girl. My sisters were the best growing up. Make believe games for hours, claymation movies, letting me diagnose some Green Leaf Fever (Laura maybe you should still be taking that "medication"), shopping trips, Eric Clapton Concert, and they usually let their overly dramatic youngest sister tag along with them and their friends, yes I felt very cool at the age of eight hanging out with people in high school. My mom was the best, she knew exactly when I needed to have a water fight in the house, exactly how much Mayo to put on my turkey sandwich everyday for almost 6 years, she never "yelled" at me when I would put ice down her back and then hugged her so the ice would melt, she taught me how to cook a turkey while letting me dance with it around the room, she makes the best jam aka "red gold", her pie crust is my favorite thing ever, and she was the best at taking you back to school clothes shopping. Happy Mothers Day girls I love you! 
Thanks for teaching me how to be a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment