Where the battle took place has lots of hills, and is surrounded by forest. Its the worst possible spot to have a battle.
General Grant had 6 boats sent down the river full of supplies. The captain on one boat thought he was being attacked so he had his cannons come out and swiftly all 6 boats were sunk. Somehow not one person died. They found remains of a boat in the dirty muddy water and put the (as a one of the signs said) "worst jigsaw puzzle together".
We then went to a legit southern hot dog place. We didn't understand a lot of the Cajun menu but it was the best hot dog I've ever tasted.
I woke up that morning with a headache. I got car sick quickly on the way there. Then the headache became a migraine and on the way back that amazing hot dog wasn't amazing. As that amazing hot dog was coming up and into a bag I got concerned that Rhett was going to freak out, luckily he didn't. He kept rubbing my arm and tried to tell me about the "big ball" he had seen in the store, and then my favorite part happened, Rhett asked to see what was in the bag I had been using. For the next 20 minutes or so he told us very animated stories of which we couldn't interpret. Good Times!
| We found a splash pad by the Mississippi River, Rhett was so exhausted that he loved the water but didn't want to get splashed |
How fun! And thanks for the history lesson, because I honestly had no idea about any of that.
ReplyDeleteExcept that there was a civil war. And I recognized a few names of course.
Also, I can't wait to see you and meet Hope in person! She is getting so big!