Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Conversations

The kids upstairs have now determined that I am their new BFF. They are ages 8, 10 and 14. They live a hard life and so they crave even a little positive attention. Yesterday the 8 and 10 year olds came over to see if Rhett could play (he's pretty popular in our parking lot). After I told them he was taking a nap and that maybe in a few hours he could they left and an hour later they knocked again to see if he could play. So I let them in and they played and played with Rhett and then they cleaned my apartment. If an 8 year old boy wants to clean my apartment I'll let him.

At one point they looked at me and said:
8 year old boy:  "You look really young to be a grown up"
Me: "How old do you think I am"
8 year old: "um...like 20 or a teenager?"
Lets just say I didn't correct him :)

They then told me their uncle had died last week so we had a good gospel conversation about how they will see him again and then this conversation happened
10 year old girl: "He has a...you know...that word that is half a bad word and half a good word."
Me: "Wait what?"
8 year old: "You know an obituary." The girl then gasped. Even though we hear them swear all time they some how know that we don't in my house.

I will never look at the word obituary the same again!

No comments:

Post a Comment