Friday, April 8, 2011

Temple

So I realize that as of today I have been married for exactly three months! And yet I have not written a single thing about my wedding...oops. So here goes.
Most things which happened with us getting married went wrong:
1. When my ring came in it was sized to fit Spencer and not myself, when it FINALLY came back to me it was still not made the way I had asked them to.
2. Our engagement pictures/announcements came weeks after we were told we would get them.
3. When I went dress shopping the lady at the store yelled at me because I did not like the dress she picked out for me. One would think you would not yell at the bride if you are trying to sell her a wedding dress.
4. The dinner place swindled us out of lots of money.
5. Even though Spencer looked pretty darn good in his suit, if I do say so myself, they did not tailor it to fit him like he wanted them to but we did not have time to go back and fix it.
6. When we arrived at our dinner the place had not one decoration which I had asked them to do.
7. The caterer did not order enough food.
8. Nothing was set up at the dinner.
9. I was still defrosting from being outside taking pictures so I did not notice, but I was told that the place did not turn the heat on so everyone was still wearing their coats.
10. The cake was not done the way we asked them to do it.
11. I am sure there are other things I just can't remember.

Now you may think this post is me complaining, but it's not. This post is about answered prayers.

#1 The entire week before we got married we prayed so hard that it would not rain. Every weather station told us it would down pour that day.
God does answer prayers simply because as soon as I changed out of my wedding dress and we were in the car the rain came.

#2 I can remember years ago my sister Michele telling me how neat it will be when I get married because everyone of my siblings would be in the temple with me. As Spencer and I knelt across the alter all I could see was all four of my siblings on the front row looking at me, Michele even winked. And all Spencer could see was his siblings. Immediately I knew that is what Heaven will be like. And nothing else mattered the rest of the day. That one scene of all my family being right there will never leave me. So thank you to my parents who taught us how to live righteously so that we can all be together forever!

(Photo taken by Jarom Nelson)

No comments:

Post a Comment