Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Legendary

So there was this one time when Elder David F. Evans married Spencer and I,

2 weeks later Elder David F. Evans was assigned to speak in the singles ward I had attended. He said he felt he should recount a story of two people.  He started to tell a story of how he had presided over a sealing 2 weeks earlier in the Salt Lake Temple. The ward soon realized he was talking about Spencer and I. He then told the story of how we met and SOON after got married. He told how I had helped his wife with some home improvments and how it took Spencer and I a shorter amount of time to decide to get married then it did for his wife to pick out curtains. We found out Elder Evans has spoken in my singles ward when one of our friends told us we had become legendary!

2 weeks later (as in tonight) I recieved a voicemail from Elder Evans saying something like this; "Nicole, hi, this is Da...Elder Evans. We are putting together a presentation for the general authorities of the progress of the new reorganized single wards. I wanted to use you and Spencer's story in the presentation. I would also like to include a picture of you two on your wedding day or an engagement picture for the presentation. Please give me a call and let me know if this is ok."
Pretty much President Monson and other general athorities will now see a picture of us on our wedding day!

Funny story don't you think

No comments:

Post a Comment