I heard an orchard was selling their apples for 50 cents a pound! With that kind of a price my goal was to get at least 20 pounds of apples! Sadly the big orchard lost several hundred fruit due to a late freeze plus the old lady that owns the orchard doesn't spray so most every apple had some sort of bug in it especially earwigs! So we only came away with about 4 pounds of apples. But my kids, especially Noah loved playing in the dirt. Noah would find some apple that had dropped on the ground then he would plop himself in a dirt hole and play with the fruit and rocks. The kid was in heaven!
If you are going to eat ice-cream you might as well put your whole self into it
I planted just regular heirloom tomatoes in my garden. Several were from seeds and 3 were plants I picked up just in case my seeds died. Well when the big tomatoes started to finally ripen 3 plants started producing purple tomatoes. At first I thought they were rotten but on further investigation apparently the store that sold me the so called normal red heirloom tomatoes lied to me and really sold me Cherokee Purple Tomatoes. Everyone on Youtube says they taste sweeter. So I did a taste test. Red tomatoes are juicier, more tart and have a better texture. Purple tomatoes are sweeter but the texture is weird and definitely not as good. So I am now going to make purple spaghetti sauce since my kids will only eat the red ones.


Pinterest Fail!!!!
Last year I discovered a way to preserve little pumpkins so you can decorate with them year after year. However putting Vaseline on a pumpkin will not preserve it! In fact it will just make it not mushy when it starts to mold.
Rhett went off to Kindergarten this year. He was super nervous when he first went and now on Saturday he asks me if he gets to go to school and he can't wait until Monday to go back. Hope on the other hand gets so excited when Rhett goes because according to her "the girls get to watch Frozen EVERYDAY now!" Rhetts teacher is the oldest looking teacher I've ever seen. I was told to have Rhett get the other Kindergarten teacher but in the end I'm glad I didn't. This old teacher loves Rhett! She compliments him all the time. If a kid is complimented like that then he'll act like you expect him too. And he loves his teacher. She tells me Rhett will go sit on the rug when she asks them, he'll look around almost thinking "why don't these kids know how to sit and listen?" I'm told he's very quiet at school and doesn't talk much but he knows all the answers when they ask him and he's already reading very well. We are sure proud of him!
Hope also started a dance class last week. She has been so excited for months since I told her I was signing her up for dance. She dances and sings constantly. Most days I feel I live in a musical! The room she dances in is great it has a one way mirror so you can watch your kid without them knowing. When we got in the car I asked her if she had fun. She told me "It wasn't long enough!" She was smiling the entire time she as dancing and when they tried to teach them to turn she sticks her tongue out.























No comments:
Post a Comment