Sunday, July 16, 2017

Adventures this Summer

 We bought a swing set a few months ago. It's still not completely built...I'm waiting on non cracked boards to come in the mail so we can put the ladder together and put the slide on. But every night after dinner these two kids will spend 2 1/2 hours straight on the swings.

If you've never been to Stillwater when it's over flowing you should. It's really in the middle of no where but there were three brothers who had traveled from Provo just to see the water pouring over the dam. The water only flows like this for a short amount of time in the summer.











This little dude and his corn! He has to eat it with corn holders or he will yell at me and yes he will eat the entire cob plus some of mine.
Thanks mom for this awesome box! We made a house out of it yesterday. Rhett specifically drew Christmas lights on the outside of it. Today after church Noah went to sleep for a good 3 hours and so did I, all due to this box. Rhett and Hope played so nice together the entire afternoon in it. 


 We have a nest in Hopes Fairy Tree, I found it last week and I've wanted to get out the ladder and take a picture of the baby birds in the nest. So today I did however all of a sudden this baby bird who can only fly about 3 feet off the ground decided to launch himself out of the tree while I was on the ladder. Immediately the daddy bird started to attack another bird (which looked like the mommy bird as if they were fighting over who let the baby out of the nest). The two birds fighting almost hit the kids and I. Then the little bird took off and hit into the garage door. My kids ran back to the nest to see if we have more baby birds, which we do, but when I went to rescue them off the ladder the bird left. I wanted to be a "snort" like in the book "Are you my Mother?" The birds parents kept walking back and forth across the neighbors roof the rest of the night, most likely looking for their baby, we looked but couldn't find it again. Why can't I have normal birds that come to me. First we had a duck we named Albert who landed at our doorstep and wouldn't leave all day when we lived in Logan. Then last summer I had a bird land in our window well we had to rescue and then a hawk decided it was a good idea to fall asleep in the middle of my driveway instead of a nice field away from cars and cats. Next time I want a normal bird.


Also Noah found his happy place! It's in my green house where he can play with as many rocks as he wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment