Thursday, January 12, 2017

A Lot Has Happened


#1. Our cute Hope turned 3 years old. She loves to make people laugh, she can do this really weird noise in her throat that I can't figure out how to do so she does it all the time, she wants to be a ballerina, she get's excited about almost everything and she especially has a mind of her own which she definitely will make known. I asked her what she wanted to do on her birthday and she said "Play!" so play we did. We went to the Lego Library in Vernal and then to the "fancy" McDonald's in Vernal since it actually has a play place which ours does not (Frowny Face).


#2 Noah turned 9 Months. He can set off doorbells with is screams, he became very mobile he can't crawl on his hands and knees yet but he sure gets far army crawling. he loves to eat and feed himself, he loves to eat paper, and he wants so badly to play with his siblings.







# 3. we went to my parents house for Christmas. It was full of sledding, watching movies, playing with lots of toys, basketball, running down the halls over and over again with cousins, bowling, cookie decorating and lots of laughing.





I found this awesome doll house at DI for only $5! The problem was my kids were with me so I told them Santa was going to come take it to his workshop and fix it up. Santa really had to fix it up! The little girl who had it last loved to draw hearts over and over. It also didn't come with furniture so Mrs. Clause stayed up in the wee hours of the morning every night before Christmas hot gluing fabric and sticks together to make chairs, tables, beds and couches. Then Christmas Eve Santa and Mrs. Clause spent a long time folding and gluing tiny boxes together to make play food for the house. Hope was so excited!
Rhett kept asking Santa for a cow. Luckly I had found a farm house months ago for a dollar and my mom was awesome and found tons of animals (including a cow) to go with his farm. 

My 89 year old grandma 

#4 Rhett was put in the hospital yet again. Last year for our 5th anniversary we spent 3 days in the hospital because Rhett wouldn't stop throwing up and got severely dehydrated. This year for our 6th anniversary we spent 1 1/2 days in the hospital with Rhett because again he wouldn't stop throwing up and got severely dehydrated. He started on Thursday morning throwing up every 15 minutes. I took him to the doctor that day and they gave me some medicine to stop the throw up. Well the medicine worked for about 2 hours and then it started up again. I didn't sleep for the first half of the night and Spencer didn't sleep for the next half of the night. Before we went to bed that night I  knew it was going to be a rough night. We were just hoping that the meds would magically kick in and he wouldn't have to get stabbed a million times to get an IV in him. I prayed so hard that angels would come and help us especially with Noah. Noah still gets up in the middle of the night and I knew that if I was up with Rhett there wasn't anyway I could be up with Noah. Noah hasn't slept through the night in 6 months but that night and that night only he did. I know it's because of the prayer I offered. So at 5:30 a.m. I took Rhett to the hospital it was -18 degrees outside! So it was exactly the same week as last year and we had the exact same nurse. That nurse told me over and over that he refuses to come to work next year at that time. Basically no one in that ER wants to ever stick Rhett. Not because he screams in fact Rhett did amazing for having to get stuck 5 times one of which was in the foot to try to get an IV. But he's just really hard to find a vein that will work. Luckily they found a vein and fluids started to get in him. Immediately as they got meds through his IV he stopped throwing up. They admitted us to the hospital a few hours later. Rhett was so funny with the nurses and aides. He was excited to have to measure his pee and pee in a cup. One aide said "hey little man how are you" Rhett just growled at her. When she left he looked at me and said "She called me little man" "Well do you want her to call you big man" "NO I want her to call me Silly Misster!" So he was called Silly Misster. I was so glad that I was able to get Rhett to eat some lunch and dinner that day because I knew that meant we would be able to go home the next day. No one can explain to us why Rhett does this. Why he throws up blood, can't hold anything down and then when he is given fluids through an IV he is better. I now have a prescription for the ER to give him an IV anytime we want. We just wish we had some answers.   We are also never planning anything for our anniversary since apparently we just get to spend it in the hospital. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment