Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Halloween 2016

A few months ago my kids found a Winnie the Pooh costume at a garage sale. Immediately Rhett announced that we were all going to dress up like Winnie the Pooh characters. He would be Pooh, Hope would be Piglet and Noah would be Tigger. Hope was so excited about this idea because Piglet is friends with Pooh and Tigger. This made life easy on all of us since we already had a Tiger costume that would fit Noah. I love Halloween with little kids you get to take them everywhere where candy is handed out and then you get to eat their candy. So last week we went to Story Time where they had trick or treating and on Saturday the grocery store had breakfast and trick or treating. On Halloween Rhett got candy at preschool they also did a cute program for the parents with songs that Rhett has been singing for days and days. In the afternoon I braved the crowds and took all three kids by myself to Main Street where for 4 blocks on both sides of the street businesses and anyone who wanted too was handing out candy and coupons for free bowling and ice cream. Most people didn't just put a piece of candy in my kids bags they put handfuls of candy. I carried Noah for 2 hours straight, pushed a stroller with one hand and tried to heard this cute piggy whose little legs just could't keep up with the crowd. Hope climbed in the stroller and fell asleep for a good hour. So Rhett would go get his candy and then ask for candy for his sister. When we got in the car I explained how when daddy got home we would go trick or treating at our neighbors houses. Hope just said "what...why trick or treating again!?" Free candy little piggy, free candy. 
She stuck her hand in the pumpkin and then licked the "goop" off 

















Why do we need a double stroller? to push three kids down the street

When Rhett found out he was going to be in a parade at school he thought that meant he was going to get to throw candy at the crowds of people who would be watching. Sorry buddy not this time











1 comment:

  1. We only trick or treated around our little neighborhood (2 streets, and I skipped the houses that looked dark) and by the last few houses Sam was repeating my words over and over "two more houses and then we can go home." It's like he had a problem with free candy. I just didn't understand it. I love the costumes! Your kids are so cute and getting so big! It's still weird to me that I've only met Rhett....

    ReplyDelete