Tuesday, March 15, 2016

First's...

We've had a lot of firsts recently
We bought our first house (pictures to come later) and Spencer is still able to walk to work. When it starts to dry up here it will only be a five minute walk since our neighbor just told him he can cut through the field behind her house. We also knew it was a neighborhood full of kids so there is usually always some kid outside that our kids want and can play with. We felt so strongly that this was the house we needed to buy. Our neighbors have been great! One brought over a dozen straight out of the oven homemade rolls, one brought over cookies, others have dropped by to introduce themselves and many days while our kids play we sit out on someones driveway and talk. So (except when we lived with my brother for 2 months) it's the first time we are no longer living in a ghetto apartment, the first time I'm not worried about the cops showing up to my neighbors, its the first time  I can let my kids outside to play by themselves, the first time in 5 years that we have had a working dishwasher, we even have a fan in the bathroom; its kinda a big deal.

Two weeks after buying a house we bought a minivan. Our kids are obsessed with the backup camera and love that the doors open by pushing a button. I keep thinking we are a little crazy to buy a house, 2 weeks later buy a car and in a few weeks I'm due to have a third kid.

For the first time in 4 years we are officially a diaper free household. Yes I know this will not last much longer but it's been so nice this past week. Hope is potty trained and she did amazing! That girl loves stickers and will do just about anything to get one. I could have potty trained her months ago, she was ready, but I didn't want a relapse when we moved. However, remind me never again to begin potty training the same week I'm unpacking and my other child comes down with his weird stomach thing which almost put him back in the hospital.
Rhett started throwing up again a few weeks ago. It was the exact same thing that landed him in the hospital for three days. Thank goodness for a Priesthood blessing. Right before I was about to load him in the car to head to the ER (which of course he had been begging to go to all day. Hospitals have all you can drink apple juice and they give you toys so he's all for going to the ER at any moment) Spencer gave him a blessing which healed him. Spencer felt very strongly from the Spirit that Rhett had been healed and would be just fine. I on the other hand need to work on my faith. I definitely doubted in that blessing and didn't sleep at all that night. But the next morning Rhett was back to his usual crazy running everywhere self.

It was also Rhetts 4th birthday. All he wanted was some Legos and to especially play with his cousins. From living with my brother my kids still talk about their cousins on a daily basis. The day before his birthday our families came to my parents house to have a little party for Rhett. Nothing made him happier then to play with his cousins and have a Disney Goofy figurine on his cake (he doesn't even like Goofy that much but since Hope had a Minnie Mouse on her cake had HAD to have a Goofy on his.) Thanks everyone for coming!

As far as my pregnancy is going, well it's going. I'm 36 weeks along and I'm pretty much done being pregnant. It's been a hard pregnancy since we have moved 3 times during it! Three times is a lot! I'm so grateful we were able to get in our house sooner than we thought so we could get mostly prepared for this little guy to come. No he still doesn't have a name yet. The bursitis in my hip that usually puts me out during my pregnancy's is pretty much gone which is nice. But the pain has now transferred itself into the nerves in my lower back, which lets face it is kind of painful and sometimes very immobilizing and I'm not a person who likes to let people do things for me.
This is how she walked around the grocery store.









No comments:

Post a Comment