Sunday, November 2, 2014

Halloween 2014

I remember when I was growing up Halloween was a one day event. A costume parade at school and then trick or treating at night until your fingers were so cold you couldn't open the pillowcase filled with candy.
Here in Hattiesburg there isn't much to do all year long except during the week of Halloween. So on Monday I took the kids to the Zoo. They have unlimited train rides and games for the kids. This year they had a chainsaw man come out and scare you while little  kids were on the train. The chainsaw man jumped out right in front of Rhett and then didn't leave him alone. Poor Rhett started crying and then he started climbing on me trying to get away. I told him the man was just silly and so the next train ride I covered his eyes so he couldn't see him. I guess they got so many complaints that the next day they took the chainsaw guy out of the ride. Rhett told me all month how much he wanted to be Spiderman. I was going to have Hope be a bumblebee so I stayed up late the night before cutting and making a tutu for her but she hated the feel of the fabric so my mom gave me a great idea of making her a black cat.

 On Wednesday the kids came with me to the youth Halloween dance
On Thursday we went to the library and baseball field for trick or treating and then headed over to the parade. Rhett told me the music was really loud while Hope danced and sang the entire night. We found a spot in the crowd next to a very nice lady who lived close. She didn't want any candy or beads so she would pick of handfuls of both and stick them in our bag. We came home with a year supply of goodness.

 
On Friday the University had games and candy for little kids. Rhett found a bounce house and couldn't get enough of it even though lots of bigger kids were jumping on top of him. Rhett and his friend Wes went crazy! We then headed over to our ward party where again they had a bounce house, dinner and a prmary age boy did an amazing Michael Jackson dance

 Our friend Benny Crawford also went to the temple for his endowment. He was baptized right when we moved to Hattiesburg so it's been fun to watch him progress in the gospel. Spencer became his home teacher and was able to be his escort during the session. Lots of people asked Benny if he was going through the temple because he was going on a mission so we had a good laugh at that since he is in his late 30s and has a child. Everything that could have fallen through to make it so he couldn't get to the temple happened!!! But God wanted him to get to the temple so at the very last minute it all came together.
 
And finally...
Hope now has long enough hair to do some pig tails...I love them!
 












1 comment: