Last Sunday Spencer gave our little Hope a beautiful blessing at church. Baby blessings used to seem weird to me the blessing really isn't for the baby since they obviously can't hear or remember it. But since Spencer has given our children a blessing I have come to love them. To us baby blessing are for the parents, so we can know how much more we need to teach our children about the gospel and who their Savior is. What is said in the blessing make us as parents more accountable to teach our children those things they need to know so they can receive those promises. I love knowing my husband is a worthy Priesthood holder and will always be able to give our children a blessing.
We were going to bless Hope when Spencer's mom was with us so we could have family there but after having a baby a few days prior I was just not physically or emotionally able to go to church that Sunday. So we postponed it and Spencer's dad was nice enough to take a terrible bus ride this past weekend to be there for the blessing. It was really nice of him to make the extra effort to come we were all really grateful he could be with us.
Yes I know it's a lot of photos...
The baby blessing is the thing Travis is looking forward to the least. But I really like your perspective on it, I'd never thought of it that way, I thought they were rather odd as well.
ReplyDelete