Saturday, October 26, 2013

Thoughts

When the government shutdown sometime ago I received several phone calls from concerned family members and friends asking if we had milk in our house due to the fact that the WIC program was also shutdown (milk at Walmart costs almost 4$ a gallon!). People... we live in Mississippi. The U.S. government may have been shutdown all over the nation...but not in Mississippi. WIC never closed it's doors here.

Our smoke alarm in our bedroom went off the other night at 11:30 p.m. when there was no fire so it just needed the button pushed to turn it off. Due to dumb hip problems I couldn't climb up on a chair to turn it off. I was terrified that it would wake Rhett up and he would think it was time to play so needless to say it needed to be turned off immediately. I told Spencer to get up and turn it off. He slowly sat up in bed and grabbed his phone. He then began to say "It won't shut off." I told him it wasn't his phone and he needed to get on the chair and just push a button quickly. But again he just looked at me with a very confused look on his face, he looked at his phone and repeated "But it won't turn off." (so you all know the alarm on his phone sounds nothing like our smoke detector alarm). I kept telling him the obnoxious noise that was was going to wake his child up any minute had nothing to do with his phone, this conversation went on for at least another minute or so when it finally dawned on him that the very very loud noise was not his phone. It's just good to know that if ever I'm not home and my boys are sleeping and a fire actually happens that they will most likely die since Spencer can't get his phone to turn off.

Did you know that here in Mississippi Sam's Club does not do free samples!!! My heart cried a little for the lack of free food.

That's All...

1 comment:

  1. Ask the bakery at SAMs if they give cookies to the kids. The SAMs in VA did. The boys always liked that.

    ReplyDelete