Dear Rhett- I can't believe that a month ago today we were in the hospital both trying to get some sleep, you slept lots I'm not quite sure I did.
In one month you already have a big personality. You love to be cuddled and we hope you love that for a long time. You love the water! Anytime you are fussy we can turn the water on and most times you will calm down for at least a minute. Not just the sound of water, unlike most newborns you love playing in the water especially getting your head washed. You love to eat! If I would let you, you would eat for hours and hours and then some, your stomach is a bottomless pit! Since we gave you your binky you have craved it, sometimes you cry just because you want the plug which we are just fine with especially because it helps you fall right to sleep for three hours in church each week. Like your daddy and I you talk a lot in your sleep. You start to grunt like you want to be picked up and eat, one of us will get up to feed/cuddle you but it was just a fake out and for another hour you will talk in your sleep. You love monkeys, well at least all your monkey clothes. You are slightly OCD about what you are wearing, if there is a little spit up on your clothes you will fuss until you get clean clothes on. You and your daddy have staring contests, but don't worry you win most times. You sleep on your side, every time we lay you down on your back you will immediately roll to your side. From day one you have smiled, some may say it's because you are gassy...which is very true, but we know better, you are just a very happy baby. Most of the time you are content with life, unless you have a bubble in your little stomach that won't come out for a long time. Since three days ago you thought nursing was way below you, and would actually throw up the milk I would give you, but the past couple of days you are getting much better. The first part of your life you didn't want to gain weight, but since the doctor told you that we would have to bring you in each week to get you weighed you have now gained exactly the right amount of ounces, 5 ounces to be exact each week, so that we no longer have to go in every week and weigh you. You love your blankets, and going on walks, and sleeping in your car seat. You hate the floor at the grocery store because it's so bumpy. Unlike most babies who start to cry while in the car and then they stop because they have gone to sleep, the one time you cried in the car and then stopped you didn't go to sleep you were just mad, you clenched your fists and pursed your lips and wouldn't even look at us, basically telling us "how dare you let me cry while you drive this car." At 11:00 a.m. every day no matter when the last time you took a nap you have to go to sleep otherwise the rest of the day you get cranky. You love to have people hold your hand, if I have something that needs to get done I will put you on the floor, you will start to fuss but if I hold your hand you will be patient and wait until I am done.
We love you lots, and are excited to see what month 2 will bring.
Because my sister wanted to see what Rhett's room looked like here it is, I know the pictures are not so great but you will have to deal with it. I decided I wanted things that would make me happy at 2 in the morning.
| My sister Allison spent 6 months cross stitching this, she is amazing! |
| Quotes by Winnie the Pooh and Christopher Robin |
He's huge already! And super cute, as always. And I like his room. A bed in there is invaluable to life at 2 am.
ReplyDelete