The week before I kept track of how many people told me that I was not big enough to be 35 weeks along. That's right if you were one of those people you were one of 20!
My doctor said he wanted me to get another ultra sound due to my lack of much weight gain, and at the time only looking six months pregnant. So on Valentines Day we went to our appointment the tech took two seconds to say "well your baby isn't small, you just carry him very well. He is about 6 lbs 7 oz already." I have had to get more ultra sounds then most again due to everyone around me including my doctor saying how small I am, and every time we go the tech prints out pictures for us. One question; why does she always have to print out "he is still a boy" pictures? And this week was no surprise.
I had told the lawyers I work with that I might have to go on bed rest because the baby might not be growing like he should. After the appointment obviously my worries were gone because our baby is still growing and doing great. I had debated about when to stop working, another week and a half of work would help out a with money issues, but the pain in my hip started to get worse so I decided that due to my hip problems that Friday would be my last day working.
When I got home from work that day we had a great Valentines. One of the lawyers had a client who couldn't pay him in cash so instead showed up with free chic-fil-a cards, because of course those would subtract the hundreds of dollars he owes on his bill, sometimes people are just dumb. That night we went and got our free food, went to institute and then watched a movie. Halfway through the movie we got a knock at the door and my cousin Jared was there with flowers. Jared delivers flowers for a flower shop so Spencer got him to deliver more beautiful flowers for me. Spencer sure surprised me this year! I love him!
On Thursday I went and saw my doctor he told me that I was much farther a long then they had thought and am NOT going to make my due date.
Friday was my last day working. I am a little nervous that I am going to get so bored this next week or so waiting for this time bomb of our kid to decide that it's time to pop out, but I still felt like it was the right thing to do. The lawyers still have not found someone to replace me, even though I did give them a month and a half to find a new secretary.
After work we drove down to Salt Lake to be there for my baby shower the next day. My mom and my sister Allison put it on for me. I couldn't believe how much work they did. We didn't mean to invite so many people. My mom spent a long time cooking, my dad cleaned the entire house, and my sister worked really hard at getting the invitations all out and decorating. My family is pretty awesome! Thank you also to Spencer's family who got us so many needed things. His sister and my friend Leanne surprised me by flying in from California to be there. I was so proud that Spencer actually kept it a secret that she was coming. If you are reading this and you are one who contributed in anyway thank you so much!!!!! We really didn't have anything, but now our kid is pretty much set for a long time. So thank you again! I always feel awkward when I have to be the center of attention like that, which means I probably look awkward, but since I'm already a discombobulated person anyway, I guess it works.
For the record as my brother put it yesterday "mom I don't know what you are talking about..she looks plenty pregnant!" Yes at the first of last week I didn't look 36 weeks at all but today I really look 37 weeks!
The past few days I popped...big time.
The past few days I popped...big time.
Im so excited for you! Sorry about all the ultrasounds I had to so that with Avery because I was so small, i only gained 12 lbs. But if your baby is healthy dont let them make you do anymroe if you have to pay for them! they get expesive as im sure you know. If you need anything let me know Im in provo, but i can mail stuff and give advice! When you have him make sure you do things the way you want. Do research on delivery and make sure it goes the way you want unless its like an emergency situation because some docs just want you out or to be home and theyll try and cut you when they dont have to or rush you. I wish someone woulda told me that with ave. Call me or text let me know how you are doing ill send it on facebook. Miss you girl and im glad youre doing good!!
ReplyDelete