Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Three and free food

A week before Rhett turned three I tried to convince him that he was turning three but most times the conversations went like this:
Me: Rhett your birthday is next week and your going to be three years old
Rhett: no I be two
Me: No your going to be three
Rhett: no two
Me: No Rhett you will be three next week
Rhett: How about four...

Rhett has become so much fun lately. He loves to sing and dance. On the way home from church he sang a rousing rendition of Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam, while Hope danced and clapped her hands. He has been on a cereal kick for days now, but I guess it's ok since all he wants to eat is Special K strawberry cereal so I guess that can't be to bad for you. He's the "big kid" in nursery now and all he does for those two hours is sit and look at books. His Nursery teacher loves him! I ask what he did in Nursery and all he ever says is "Sista Peggy gave me candy and read me stories" which is true, I'll peak in on his class and while all the other kids are playing he sits by "Sista Peggy" and she reads to him. The past few weeks has been great since he actually goes up to his sister and tells her to come play with him and sure enough she'll follow him and then launch herself on top of him and they wrestle for a long time. Life would be boring without our crazy three year old.
For his birthday we invited his friends over and had pizza and then had a short fishing game. He thought it was the best night ever! Spencer took him to a basketball game and then the next week he took him to a baseball game. Rhett doesn't quite understand the concept that his birthday is over since most days he keeps saying "I need to go________for my birthday" I keep telling him his birthday is over but like most things in his life he doesn't believe me.


We now call Hope Godzilla 

We also got our fill of free food.
A Crispy Creme shop was opening up in another state so they gave free doughnuts at every Crispy Creme so of course the kids and I went and got ours. Hope has gotten really good at saying Cheese when I take pictures
 It was also international pancake day at Ihop. And yes I braved the long line outside the building by myself with 2 crazy kids just for pancakes. It was all worth it!

After Ihop we went to the mall to run around. Hope loves this lion. She will pet it and give it kisses which usually means she licks it all over.








2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Rhett! Love that godzilla picture of Hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't believe you braved IHOP with 2 littles. :) But, free food is free food.

    ReplyDelete