I want this year to be supa awesome, so many new things will happen to us this year. I mean Hope has to be put into a new car seat, Rhett's turning 3 which means he doesn't get in free at a lot of places which really makes us sad and makes me cry, Spencer will be done with grad school and will go onto a grown up job or even more school somewhere, we will be moving from Mississippi and starting over in a new place again. I mean really people that's a lot of stuff that will be happening all in one year.
So I came up with a few goals for this year and so far I have actually been accomplishing them.
Goals for 2015:
1. Read Scriptures as a family daily: We now read every night with our kids and Rhett loves it! He really wanted to read about Enos the other day before nap time. I guess if your kid wants to read his scriptures before he goes to bed then your at least doing one thing right, you may not be doing a lot of things right but at least you got one thing down. However, when he sees the soldier that scalps Zarahemna he calls out that he is "Baca Pace" (Grandpa Pace), and when he sees Daniel in the Lions Den picture he calls him his "uncle Daniel" (my brother). So he thinks he is reading about his family.
2. Read Scriptures with Spencer every night: We became really big slackers in this area for several months when we hit the book of Job in the Old Testament. Job whines a lot (well Spencer says he laments but I think it's whining.) But we are back on track now and almost done with Psalms. When we read together as a couple life is better.
(as you can see my big goals this year have to do with scripture study which we haven't been doing very well as a family but we are getting better)
3. Exercise and Eat better: Thanks to my cousin Natalie who is having a get fit challenge on facebook I've been exercising, eating more veggies and drinking tons of more water (64 oz a day more water that is). I feel so much better about myself. Also watching Rhett do lunges across the floor is a work out in it self since I laugh the whole time.
4. Get Rhett potty trained: In 2014 we tried over and over and over to get that kid to use the potty but with no luck. But 2015 is a new year! So he was doing great over Christmas break with peeing in the potty but he wouldn't tell us he actually had to go and he never pooped in the potty. But last week a miracle happened he got super bad diarrhea, people it's bad. Don't worry the doctor says its just a stomach virus that is going around and the kids she has seen with it this month the diarrhea lasts a week or two (poor little boy). So why you ask is this a miracle? Well it has made him want to poop in the potty, and he tells us he has to go! People he holds it until he sits down on the potty that's a hard thing to do with the amount of diarrhea that comes out of him (TMI? Maybe... but whatever). So he's almost there, and who knew a little stomach virus was all he needed.
So here are a few of my goals this year.
Leave a comment and let me know what your goals are (then I can actually see who reads this here blog). Plus maybe you have an even cooler goal for the year that I will want to do and then this year can be even awesomer!
Since every blog post NEEDS a picture, here is Hope and Santa. And yes I knew this is the kind of picture I was going to get. The second I put her on his lap she screamed and the second I touched her to pick her up she stopped. Well at least she loves her momma even if she doesn't love Santa.
She got her shots today so as of being 13 months she is 20.75 pounds, 29 inches tall and a head circumference of 18.25 inches.
![]() |

I have no goals for 2015, but I love that you use the word "awesomer".
ReplyDeleteI read your blog and it makes me smile every time, so thanks!:) I have a goal of decluttering my house- all our stuff is driving me crazy! Glad you are doing well.
ReplyDeleteI read your blog. I'm glad you update it frequently, cause all of my sisters-in-law stopped, so you're basically the only active blog that I follow now. As far as 2015 goals are concerned, scripture study--personal and daily. Also, personal prayer. That one went down the drain when I got married, plus i was never that great at morning prayer except on my mission.
ReplyDeleteK, good luck with your goals! And I hope that Spencer gets a job or more school in Utah--preferably northern Utah!
Love your posts! My goal this 2015 is to come see you guys before you leave Mississippi - I've never been there!
ReplyDelete