1. I turned 27! Some may not think that's so amazing, but when my father always says it's a miracle due to my accident proneness that I actually made it to the age of 12... turning 27 is a miracle. My parents are great they came up, bought us a whole bunch of food and then took us out to lunch. My mom and dad are pretty much my favorite people so it was really nice of them to come see us.
2. We found a place to live in Mississippi. I have been very worried about this mainly because every time I call an apartment complex the manager always says, "well we don't have any openings but you can put your name on a waiting list. However EVERYONE in the complex just renewed their lease for the next year so..." I worded my google search differently and randomly I found an apartment that would be perfect for us. So Hattiesburg Mississippi here we come.
3. SPENCER GRADUATED FROM COLLEGE!!!!!!
I'm really proud of Spencer and all he has accomplished since we have been up here in Logan. It has been a crazy past 2 semesters with applying to grad school, having Rhett who wants his daddy's attention when he is doing his homework, and Spencer has worked basically full time this semester and yet he did amazing with his grades. Graduation day was VERY eventful. I dropped Spencer off at his location and then went and parked the car. Many times here at USU they have not let us take our stroller so because of that I didn't want to risk it so I walked Rhett a long ways to the graduation ceremony. We got settled in our seats, Rhett was taking it all in (he loves to people watch!) and right before the graduates entered the building it happened! Every bit of oatmeal/milk/crackers started spewing out of Rhett! He threw up and then kept throwing up. By the time he was done there was a lake of vomit by our feet and all over us. This nice Asian lady who didn't speak a word of English sat behind us and she just kept taking toilet paper from her bag and giving it to me to help me clean us up. Her face said to me "I've been there." So I picked Rhett up and we headed back to the car leaving our puddle behind. We got home cleaned up and went back. Rhett did great the rest of the time. He sat through 2 ceremonies and only fussed for about a minute when he turned around and took some random girl's cell phone and then he was happy. The commencement speaker was actually surprisingly good. The president of NIKE graduated from USU and so he talked about how he got to where he is now and how the graduates now need to remember that they can change the world and that they now need to ask themselves how they will do something meaningful in their life. Spencer's grandparents were nice enough to come to his graduation and then they took us out to lunch. Rhett fell asleep on me and when he woke up right before our food came he just started throwing up all over me! Then he was all smiles. After we ate and were about to get up and walk to the car Rhett again threw up all over. I just felt so bad for those waitresses who had to come pick up all those napkins and rags we left on the table after his vomiting had ceased. We then headed home and our friends who we hadn't seen for a while came over and we talked for a while it was really great to see them. We were going to go to one of Spencer's friend's graduation party, but then the whole vomiting happened again and Spencer fell asleep so instead we partied like it was 2013 at home watching some movies.
No comments:
Post a Comment