Monday, November 5, 2012

Halloween

Halloween was one of my favorite holiday's growing up I have very fond memories of going through the costume boxes trying to find just the right one. And on Halloween my mother always did it right by taking a few hours to get us all ready with spray painted hair, and lots of makeup! She always made it a priority to come to the school parade and take lots of pictures of us. Then we would wait for dad to come home from work to take us around the neighborhood. We always had to have a yellow pillowcase to put our candy in and we couldn't go home until our fingers were so cold that we couldn't open the pillowcase to put another piece of candy in, we would be out for a long time. I don't ever remember my father missing a Halloween I don't know how he got that night off every year but he did. We would get home and mom would usually have apple cider with cinnamon sticks waiting for us.
My most memorable Halloween was when my brothers friends jumped out at us in the pitch dark and pretended to steal our candy and my father "fought" the bad guys for us.
  so I've been kind of sad that since Spencer and I have known each other we haven't done anything for it. When we were dating I had a bad day and had to stay at work later then expected so I came home we went grocery shopping and went on a walk (I know really exciting!) Last year I was pregnant with a hip that didn't allow me to walk let a lone stand. So we stayed home, ate doughnuts, and had one knock on our door with three trick or treaters. So this year I actually wanted to do things right.
For a month and a half I tried to come up with a costume for Rhett.  But my search for either a cheap costume or fabric I would actually pay money on failed. One day I got a call from my mother saying how she was at the store and wanted to know what costume Rhett would like. Thanks mom for making the little man the cutest Tigger Ever!
Our neighbors also gave us four pumpkins so we carved two of them. I baked the seeds and put more salt on them then one person needs in a life time! They were so good.
Well it's one of the only years that you go out to get candy for your child but you don't share any of it with him. So we made it a priority to hit all the places you could get candy with a child in a costume. Saturday Macey's had a trunk or treat, on Halloween day if you had a child under the age of 12 you could go to Lee's and get lots of things like chocolate milk, a bag of carrots, popcorn, string cheese, lots of candy and there was even a spook ally, and we hit up the ward trunk or treat. We were going to also go to the mall but the one day Rhett decides to take a 2 1/2 hour nap he takes it on Halloween, so we didn't have time.
So here are the pictures, I know it's a lot of pictures of one little guy:
He couldn't fit in his car seat with the costume on, he started grunting like he was saying "um guys I can't breathe!" 

Trunk or Treat at Macy's





Lee's Market Place Trick or Treat
Trunk or Treat

 








3 comments:

  1. Seth saw Rhett in these pictures and started growling. Cute costume, our mom is the BEST!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so cute. I really enjoy reading your blog Nicole. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little chubby tiger :) Looks like you guys are doing very well. I am happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete