1. For the first snow fall I decreed Spencer and I would need to make snow angels.
The boy snow angel is on the left
The girl snow angel is on the right. You can tell which one is mine because my back is now in a permanent arch.
One of our neighbors then referred to us as the snow angel people.
2. In October we went to a Pumpkin Walk and we couldn't pass up the opportunity to take these award winning photos!
3. One morning Spencer had to be at a seminary class at 6:00 a.m. to observe the teacher. He opened the front door and then ran back into the our bedroom to announce that I had to come see something. There was this duck at our door. We live in a basement apartment and apparently the duck just didn't want to fly/walk up the steps to move onto his next destination. We don't know how long he had been at our door but we figured he had been there for quite a while. After Spencer left for the class I decided that our new pet was hungry to I gave him our last piece of bread (like the bible story of the widows mite). He was so excited about the bread you had never seen a duck eat so fast before, when the bread was gone he then spent a long time searching around in the leaves for more of it. He was just so happy!
A few hours later Spencer drove me to work and on the way he named our duck ALBERT.
We also realized maybe Albert was a sign from God. You see we had just gone to tithing settlement the night before and you have all heard stories of people paying there tithing when they don't have much and the next day food miraculously appears at their door. Well maybe Albert was a miracle that just happened to "land" at our door....
Throughout the day I texted Spencer to see if Albert had left us, or if he was dead, or if he was happy.
At one point the lawn care people came and I was so worried that they would hurt/scare our poor Albert but be rest assured Albert just stayed put and he was just fine.
Another time I told Spencer that Albert might be thirsty. So Spencer got out a pot and put water in it and sure enough Albert drank and was happy.
So Spencer picked me up from work and Albert was there to greet us. But we were worried that we would wake up the next day and we would have a dead duck at our door. Besides Albert had pooped and puked all over! I mean one has to really watch where they step so no remains of this duck gets on their shoes!
I was a little embarrassed to call animal control to tell them I had a duck problem But I called animal control and the conversation went like this:
Nicole: So I have this duck problem and we don't know what to do with it. There is a duck out side our front door and he has been there all day
Operator: If it's a wild animal don't do anything, just leave it a lone! (her tone of voice said that I was stupid and that it was just a duck)
Nicole: But we did leave it alone all day and it's still here. What do we do?
I was then put on hold and then she informed me that animal control would be out soon to get my duck.
We decided to take the pot of water away from Albert so We wouldn't look so weird even though calling animal control about a duck is pretty weird. When we tried to take Alberts water from him he just growled and puffed up his feathers. See I told you he was thirsty.
An hour or so later we checked on Albert and he was no where to be seen. Animal Control had come and had taken our duck without even letting us say goodbye!
4. We went a Christmas/White Elephant Party at the first of December. My friend Alycen brought the ultimate while Elephant gift. She said it was pure inspiration because only God could be that funny. She had crocheted a thong out of blue yarn, and then had a candied necklace be the waste band of which she also attached by crocheting it onto the crotch part of the thong. Amazing and inspired I think So!
She began to tell us she tried it on...over her clothes so see how big the string needed to be.
One word to describe this present:
EPIC
5. Now I wish I could have a picture of this crime scene but I don't. A lawyer I work for is representing an insurance agency who is suing a man for starting a fire at a house which is not his. The story the man gave the police goes something like this:
-You see officer I started this fire at this home because a little bit ago this guy held a gun to my head because he said I owed him a 40 dollar debt. This man then shot my girl friend and she is now dead. So I ran away from him and entered this house and then poured gasoline fluid in there art studio shed to set off a smoke signal for the police to better find me. -
That's right he set a random family's art studio on fire to put a smoke signal in the air for the police to find him to protect him from the man with the gun. First off there is no girl friend dead. Second the man that was supposed to have a gun didn't have one but he did have several warrant's out for his arrest so the cops were able to put him in jail. When the lawyer told me about how stupid this man was I asked him if this man was on meth, and in fact this man told the police he had been high on meth for the past two days.
Moral of the story: If ever you are trying to run away from someone with a gun just send a smoke signal in the air I'm sure the police will find you much faster, plus you will end up in prison for the next 5 years to life.
6. I was introduced to this blog by my friend Lauren this past week. It is a must read!
I recommend reading Sleeping With Sergei
Now it might be because it was late at night and I always have to pee but as we read that entry I almost peed my pants from laughing so hard!
7. We are visiting my parents this weekend and this morning my dad asked if I had heard something last night. I told him I had not. He then told me he had a dream that an elephant was chasing him and as he got away from the first elephant he didn't notice there was a second elephant and so as he was running away from it...he woke up as he fell out of his king size bed onto the floor.
No comments:
Post a Comment