Monday, August 8, 2011

It Happened

So we officially live in Logan now. When I say officially I mean after a week of actually sleeping in Logan all the dishes have now been washed and put away this morning (thanks to Spencer who spent hours and hours standing by the sink)! Who know we had that many cups! 
Is it weird that I feel so much more home here than I ever did in St. George? I felt right at home when I had moved to Cedar City, but for some reason St. George just never cut it for me. I think it's because of the lack of mountains or the lack of cool summer nights. I have missed "real" mountains for awhile and so now I am so happy to finally live next to them. 
Yesterday my sister Laura had the baby blessing of her newest arrival Seth or as Spencer and I like to call him "Little Loyal." It was awesome to be there with my family and for once in 7 years I lived closer than any of those traveling (weird). 

A short list of ideas/thoughts/knowledge that I thought should be shared:
-SPENCER LET ME PUT HIS BYU JACKET INTO THE D.I. SACK!!!!!!!!!
-If you let your three year old help you put stuff in your neighbors budget truck just know my father will pester this three year old for many kisses on his cheek even if he has never met her before.
-It is possible to convince the landlords to put new linoleum in your bathroom and laundry room if you pester them for three days straight. (Don't mess with me when I want my flooring changed it will happen, especially now)
- Laundry mats in Logan are way more expensive but they have AC, no dead/living coach-roaches, there are not mounds of soup still in every washing machine, hence one does not feel as ghetto.

And the most important thing on my list so far is as we went to Walmart I felt a little strange for one reason and one reason only...there was not a single polygamist insight. But have no fear, we went to the Library and Davy Crocket was there checking out a book! Lets just say yes I did stare slightly at him. So I guess if I can't see polygamist's anymore at least I can see real mountain men.

1 comment:

  1. Nicole! I'm finding it hard to believe you got Spenc to part from that jacket - wow!!! But I'm thinking it should have gone into the garbage since I'm pretty sure he wore the life out of it. :-) I can't wait to hear all about your adventures in Logan! Go country dancing just for me, yeah?

    ReplyDelete