Sunday, July 24, 2011

Grandma Pace

My grandparents are two of the greatest people I know. They have become the example for so many people of how we should sacrifice for the Lord and the gospel.  My grandma's greatest joys has been serving missions with her husband and working in the temple. Most times that I see her she shares her testimony and enjoyment of being in the temple and how much it has blessed her and her family.

Now lets back track...A few posts ago I shared how Elder Evans had asked for some pictures of Spencer and I so he could make a presentation to the apostles and tell them our story.  The point of the presentation was to explain how the new setup with the young single adult wards were doing. Sister Evans recently called my mom and told her another part of the story. 

President Packer was a little reluctant to change the way single adults were attending church. I think he wanted to make sure everyone felt included. But most importantly Sister Evans said he was worried about something dealing with families. Anyway he didn't know if changing the structure of the wards was such a good idea. So Elder Evans gave his presentation to the members of the twelve, he told our story (of which I have heard he has given some liberties to, but since he is a general authority I think I'll let it slide), and then he put two pictures of us on the screen. I didn't have my wedding pictures back from my photographer so luckily my friend Emma had taken a picture of us by the temple and so I emailed it to Elder Evans. After the meeting was over President Packer came up to Elder Evans and told him he had been worried about the whole thing, but the look of Nicole's grandmother changed everything and this is what the Lord wants for his church. So thanks to Emma for taking that picture and to my grandma for being in it the gospel rolls forward. God has a plan in all things. Things that seem so insignificant can change the course of so many lives, such as a look of an amazing grandmother. 

And now you know why President Packer gave the go ahead to have the young single adult wards merge. All because of one look who loves the Lord.
The picture shown by Elder Evans
Grandma Pace on the day of our wedding

1 comment:

  1. That is amazing! I love stories like this, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete