Thursday, January 28, 2010

Lessons Learned

These are the things I have learned in the past 2 weeks in no particular order:

1. If you are getting a test done and a doctor asks if you want a blanket say yes...always say yes because you might not be cold at first but in 10 minutes you will be freezing and you will wish that you had said yes.
2. If you are getting an MRI done make sure you go somewhere that lets you listen to music during the test.
3. MRI's are way better than EEG's!! If I have to look at blinking lights one more time....
4. In my life time I have been to so many different kind of doctors; eye, family practice, ER, Hand guys.. etc but when you go to a neurologist everyone wants to talk to you, everyone wants to tell you their life story, or that they are on 18 pills a day, or about their mission to Nigeria. So moral of the story people with brain issues talk a whole lot more than people with other issues in the waiting room! You have now been warned.
5. If you are an EEG Tech person have different colors of colored pencils ready. A red pencil is a whole lot harder to see on a person with red hair.
6. Stomachs will always have a novel to tell the whole room when you are supposed to be lying there very still and making your face relaxed. But when your stomach starts speaking you can't help but laugh a little.
7. When someone puts a cold metal instrument on your foot and then moves it up your leg its bad when it becomes colder up your leg.
8. Doctors and Techs get really excited when they don't have to work with another really old person.
9. There is an explanation for me being so accident prone :)
10. Five Guys is way better than In n' Out, why did no one introduce me before?!


2 comments:

  1. I could have told you about Five Guys!! They ARE WAY BETTER than In and Out. I was so excited when I saw the Salt Lake has one.

    Is there anything else that you've learned? Like WHAT is wrong with you??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To answer your question Laura no I won't find out things until next week.

    ReplyDelete